After almost 4 weeks on the PowerPulse I had to take it off for my trip back to Viking Star. Here is the last 'installment'.
The At Rest (48hrs at rest) voltage is now 12.60v, indicating a fully charged battery! . And a scope capture from 8/19:
|Final scope photo on 8/19/2014|
Compare this to the initial (7/24) 12.45v at-rest voltage when I 1st hooked things up:
|July 24, first attached|
Hum. . . . Timing is different, At Rest voltage is different. Pulses no longer show ringing. Clearly something has changed.
But did it work? Did it 'restore' this abused farm starter battery?
The answer is Yes!!! Today I installed the battery back in the same truck, and it started! Now, this is even after setting for a month (I took the battery off the PulsePower before heading the Viking Star in August). Not only did it start the truck, it started it three times. It started it after turning on the headlights for 10 minutes. And it started it after I let it set for 6 more hours.
Bottom line: This Group 31 battery was unusable, would in no way hold a charge. After a bit over 6 weeks on the Pulse Power I was able to see noticeable changes in its waveform, and in fact the battery is usable again.
Here are links to other posts in this series:
We left this 'restored' battery in the truck and will see how it holds up. But in this ONE example, I have to say PulsePower did work...
So - there