- To let family and friends know what we were up to, w/o having to sending out 100+ individual Emails. (OK, maybe more like 12 individual Emails...)
- To give back to the community some: I learned a lot from other folks experiences, and hence wanted to document ours...
So, going forward. I think we will try to keep this alive, though likely will less activity, along those two same goals. Perhaps less so on #1 as Kristi now has a Face Book account. But even with our Swallowing the Anchor, it IS only for a year. And already I have some posting ideas, like:
- What did I do to prepare the boat for storage?
- I have a tale of three LEDs to talk about.
- And one about the Rot Spot I found yesterday on the hull....
- Report on Generator performance after the rebuild and some efficiency improvements I am looking to make.
|Viking Star in her New Home. . .|
I do plan to come back midsummer to check on things, am sure items will crop up from that. Plus I will be reassembling the DC generator then and will report on that. Have been thinking that it might be helpful to continue the Costs posts, to compare the Cost to Cruise with Cost to Not Cruise lifestyle..
My hope it we can find something to post about every few weeks, something meaningful, but to keep this spot warm if you will. We do, after all , PLAN (Arg, I used the 'P' word) to un-swallow the anchor in a year. Hum, will it be like starting over again?
Things will slow down to be sure, but we are NOT leaving this life style, just taking a break. Same for the Blog.