Monday, April 2, 2012

Storm on Blind Bay

Last night we stowed things as if for passage, and went to bed expecting to be woken around 4 AM by big wind and waves.  Yesterday's forecast said waves 'out there' were to reach 6-8 feet!

But we woke at 7 AM after a full night's sleep.  This morning's forecast is much downgraded, with the peak wind and waves (5 ft) now expected this evening.  Al asked if we should consider making our move today, but I said I would rather stay put for now.  Part of our purpose for coming to Blind Bay was to 'test' how we would fare in rougher weather.

So tomorrow, after Al completes his work phone calls, we will move across to Orcas Landing to provision, and visit the Post Office.  We have tax items to mail, and an all-important birthday gift for grandson, Troy!  And then perhaps we will see if the docks are present on Jones Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment